Sequel Pro is a SQL Database Manager to Manage SQL Database, Locally on Mac.
Requires Tools: Sequel Pro App, Supply: Mac Os
It would be best if you got the Sequel Pro Nightly Build from this Official Link Here,
The reason for the Nightly build is only it Worked, and the other one did not!
The App is 100% Free, and you will get a local interface to connect to your database via SSH remotely within minutes.
I have also given its usage in one of my recent posts WordPress on Mac localhost Step By Step Fast with Free SSL an article that will genuinely help you set up a local development environment with SSL.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Download and Install Sequel Pro on Mac
You can quickly get the free Sequel Pro and install the same on your macOS like any other App and run the same.
Open Sequel Pro App’s Connection Interface
As we will connect using SSH, you can download the security key from your Lightsail account,
I have given details in this previous post of mine for connecting SFTP with FileZilla for Lightsail.
You can see three options TCP/IP, Socket, and SSH, and as said above we will use SSH.
Enter Details Make a Connect the Database
Explained in Details Below, this is important it also has a feature at the end to just add this connection as your favourites so that you don’t need to every time fill all these details.
Kindly relate to these numbers above with the list below:
1. Select SSH Tab
2. Give Any Name you can remember
3. The host is 127.0.0.1 ( Local Server )
4. Username is Your Database Username
5. Password is your Database Password
6. The database is your Database Name Without Prefix Like (WP_)
7. Port is default 3306 for SQL on a server
8. SSH Host is your Static IP Address From Lightsail
9. SSH User is your Username Like Ubuntu, Bitnami What you see on SSH
10. The Key is the Location of Account Key Pair you can download from Lightsail
11. SSH Port is Default Port 22
12. Test Connection Button
13. Should return with Connection Succeeded
14. Connect Button press it once Connection Succeeded
15. Add to Favourites for repeat connections
16. Favorites List
A screenshot from my post Lightsail SFTP Access With FileZilla Easily 5 Steps
Connection Made Using Sequel Pro Easily Edit Your Database
Once the connection made, you can edit your database optimise it, Monitor it locally on your Mac and for multiple websites.
The picture above shows ” SSH Connected ” red arrow you can see a complete list of all your tables you can edit the same as you want.
Note: Always Take A Back-Up, Never Delete Database Tables Manually if you are not tech-savvy with your site.
- mysql database
- Sequel Pro App
I am continuously writing about the topic “Database” SQL And “WordPress” Read all my SQL Database Related Posts here.
If you use AWS Lightsail and want to learn How to use Snapshots for Backup read my post here Backup Lightsail instance with free SnapShots in 3 Steps